We’re proud to share our 2017 Rotary Youth Program accomplishments.
Click links for photos & more info. Upcoming events are in pink.
- 2017's RYLA has been called “the greatest ever” thanks to the organizational skills & infectious enthusiasm of RYLA Chair Natalie Argyle and her committee. Click here for photos or a quick video Stay tuned for the upcoming RYLArian-planned “Service Around the State” day, February 10th from 10-noon, where we’ll be doing service in locations all around Utah.
- The wonderful Debby Lauret (over Interact) and Martha Velasco (over Rotaract) have stayed busy overseeing their respective clubs. We have ~40 Interact Clubs & 10 Rotaract Clubs. To engage our clubs this year, we've:
- THE Penny Atkinson is our new fab Youth Exchange Officer, coordinating efforts to host 4 fantastic students from Brazil, Chile, France & Japan & sending out 4 students to Germany, Italy, Brazil & Spain. With her great committee, they’ve planned excellent activities for our exchange students including a trip to Moab, a holiday party, and upcoming Park City adventure, along with the annual Lake Powell trip in June (shout out to the clubs & families who host!). Watch out world because in 2018-2019, we'll send out 6 outbound students, allowing us to host more students this year.
- We’ve organized multiple youth service trips to the Hopi Reservation this past November, as well as upcoming trips to Puerto Peñasco, Mexico June 9-16, 2018 and partnering with Kids Play International to go to Rwanda July 26-August 7, 2018.
- We launched the Rotary Mentoring Hub, which allows for Rotarians to be mentors to young Rotaractors or Rotarians.
At our recent strategic planning meeting (photo left), we determined that over the next 3 years, we'll be implementing a new Young Professionals committee that will focus on better attracting, engaging & retaining Rotarians under 40. Through this initiative, as well as to improve accessibility and communication, we hope to increase the percentage of Rotarians under 40 from 4% to 8% in our district.
For questions or concerns, contact Utah Rotary Youth Chair, Miriam Barth